Thursday, October 7, 2010

HOLY COW!

Just excited to say I got into the nursing program at Dixie State. I start in January. About 150 applied and 30 made it. I wonder how life could get any busier, well it just did! Seems kind of sureal to me to be back in school. I feel like I am still a young 22 year old mom who has already finished school with two little babies at home to keep me busy. I also wonder if I haven't snapped out of my life as a stay at home mom very well. I've worked at home and stayed at home every day all day for it seems a long time and yet it doesn't. I never thought my kids would grow up. Now, I am never home living a completely different life. I am the same person inside, but it seems like I am living someone else's life. I don't know if that even makes sense to myself. Anyway, I'm excited to start on this next adventure and hope I enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed the last. I will always miss my baby years but I guess I'm moving on. For being an old returning college student, I'm proud of myself. It's never too late to do something you want! And usually most of the other students think I'm still their age. Fooled them!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!I'm so proud of you. You fooled the other students because you are such a hot mama and you look like you're in your 20's. I'm sure you'll be great!
    BTW- I'll be gone this Sunday. Kelly is filling in for me. I'm not quite done copying all of the songs. I should have them by next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Selm!!! I knew you would make it in. Good luck with everything. You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Selma! I look up to you for going back to school! You are gonna do awesome! You ROCKED the marathon! And I love your posts here on your blog. You and your family are the cutest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you made it in!! It was so much fun chattin' with you while you did my hair, I LOVE IT and get SO many compliments. You are so cute and I know you will do awesome at your next adventure. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!! I am so excited for you! (I'm doing a happy dance in my den. Promise!

    And, yes, you definitely still look like a young college student.

    Did anyone else we know get in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look like you are 22 still! Way to go getting into your program! How prestigious! I'm so proud of you Selma. How long is your program?? Oh, and good job in the marathon.

    ReplyDelete