Our cheering squad!




The first weekend in October is always marathon/general conference weekend at our house. We had everyone over Friday night for our annual spaghetti dinner before heading to the cabin in Pine Valley. This year Scott and I, Martha (my sis), Kody and Rachel (bro-in-law and sis) and a friend of mine, Kim, and a bunch of other friends all ran. We had a blast! I'm so glad I ran another one. It takes so much training and dedication that when you are finished you can't help but feel proud to have accomplished something so cool! It's one of those moments you will never forget and will talk about forever. And, when running with such fabulous sisters and friends, the 26 miles fly by. Scott did awesome as always and got 2:57 and I got 3:49 (9 min faster to qualify for Boston - I know I can do it). Scott was actually sad the whole week after the marathon and called it the marathon blues. It's such a rush that he doesn't want to wait a whole year to do another one so he's debating on which marathon he'll try in the spring. This was Scott's 10th St. George marathon and 12th marathon all together so he was inducted into the 10 year club. They had a very cool evening where they received a nice shirt and had a really nice dinner to honor the runners. Go Scott! I'm sure we are crazy but here's to running!
You guys are crazy!!! But, how fun to have something that you both love and that you can do together! Good job on your time. I wish I could run!!
ReplyDelete