Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Busy Life

So, I should be studying but am not in the mood. Nothing exciting is going on these days so just a little bit about everyday life. This is a more journaling that blogging, so sorry nothing to brag about today. School keeps me busy. I try to stay up but it always seems like I'm barely hanging on. I love it, though, and think it is so cool when I learn something new. I still wonder why statistics is even a class. It seems so silly to be learning stuff that is so not important. I am waiting to hear about the nursing program. I should hear within the next month if I get to start in January at Dixie. Cross your fingers. Primary is always on my mind. It seems like it is constantly changing with something new to figure out. I love the kids and love it when I see one of them outside of church and they say, "Hi, Teacher." I'm not sure if I teach them anything but I know they see me pulling stuff out of the closet to get ready for primary each week or scrambling to find a teacher. I guess I am teaching them to be unorganized:) The marathon is a week away. I have been training so hard this year and was so excited to run. Then I got this stupid cold thing and it just keeps hanging on. I haven't ran well for over a week and the timing is terrible. Oh well, I hope my body remembers how to run and breath (if I can breath by then). Josie and Ellie have been practicing their new dances they have been learning and I love watching how confident they are. They are so fun and I always push them to do things I never did. I hope they don't hate me for it someday. They are such good girls. Anyway, I love watching them dance. Besides all that, most of the time I feel like I am single. Scott's schedule and mine don't seem to mesh well so life seems lonely most of the time. I know he is working hard but I have to admit I hate it and am getting really tired of it. Good things I have the kids to keep me company! They really are the best. Things I love and want to remember. Scottie reading Harry Potter to me (he is so dang cute the way he talks), Bentley not wanting to ride his bike even though he is so brave and getting tooth paste on his shirt almost every single morning, Ellie wanting her hair in a ponytail every day (we just rotate from a high ponytail or two low ponytails or a ponytail with a headband or a braid going into her ponytail on days she wants to be cute), and Josie letting me sleep in this morning because she knew I must be tired since I wasn't awake when she came in to do her hair. So, I've put off studying the immune system long enough, I just wish studying about it would make mine work better!

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow, busy woman! Good luck on the marathon. I wish I could come watch you and watch your kids. You will do great! Good luck with studying and waiting:) You are awesome! Oh, and I still get toothpaste on my shirt:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to read about your daily life, and it does sound very busy. I think we don't realize how interesting it really is. Peter and I are feeling kind of lonely during the day with no one else at home. I think it's neat you're going to school, and nursing seems like a good career. I've been considering what I want to do after my kids are all in school. I can tell you're a great mom! Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you can recover before the marathon. You are doing a great job in primary and the kids love you, especially my parker.
    I have an opening for piano. It is on Tuesdays @ 3:15 so it would have to be for your older daughter who gets out early. If you want to wait until I have an opening for both that's fine too. I'll just keep you at the top of my list. Let me know. Good luck with school and your busy life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you Selma! Sounds like you're doing so many things. Good luck with the Marathon this week. I can't even imagine raising kids while going to school. Life sure isn't easy and I really look up to you for holding things together so well. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ROCK! Can't wait to see you in a few days...I think. I am wondering why I am putting myself through this again, but then I remember I can run with you and Rach and know it will be a blast! If my body holds up that is. Hope you are feeling better. I love you! Alli used to spill toothpaste on her shirt almost every time she brushed, too! I used to make her wait to get her school clothes on until after we had brushed...she also spills on herself quite often when she eats. Cute kids!

    ReplyDelete