Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Zions in the Spring







On Saturday we went to Zions. This time the snow was gone, the weather was perfect, and we had a blast. Since we bought a year pass, we figured we should use it all we can. We hiked up Angels Landing -not the chain part- with all the kids, even though they all wanted to finish it. They were so awesome and were way tough. They thought the switchbacks were cool. Even Bentley made it without any shoulders. Josie now has made plans to go back with just dad, mom, and Ellie on her birthday so we can finish the rest of it. Josie also decided that Scottie and Bentley can visit Aunt Harry that weekend. Nothing like making plans 6 months in advance. I don't think Caroline knew she was in such high demand. Anyway, it was so weird not having babies to pack around and having our kids be so independant. We got some interesting looks from people not believing that we took the kids with us on that hike. It was kind of funny. We also hiked up to Weeping Rock. Pretty cool! I haven't done that one since I was a kid. I took some pictures on my phone since I naturally forgot my camera but I have no idea how to download them onto my computer. HELP! Thanks Adam!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip! Maybe one of these days we could steal that pass from you and check out Zions again :o). We may have to pass on the Angels Landing for now though. I'm not sure I want to pack a baby up that, let alone myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam and I hike up to the chains with Alli as a baby (we left our other kids home). I think it was our 5 year anniversary, and you watched my kids for the surprise on Adam. Oh, the memories. That was the last time I have hiked Angel's Landing. It is time again! Your kids are so cute! I can't wait for the time when I can take my kids on hikes and they will enjoy it! Just 5 more years....that seems forever away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun time! Your kids are soo cute. My kids want to play with their cousins so badly. Last time we were in Zions, we went to Weeping Rock, and the river part of the Narrows because Mikayla had just had her appendics out 2 days before. Enjoy the sunshine! We may get to 45 degrees today. That will be t-shirt weather for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, that made no sense! :) We only went on one short hike and waded in the river for a little bit because Mikayla was bored, but not up to any real hiking.

    ReplyDelete