Thursday, July 23, 2009

Orderville Canyon in Zions

So, Ida and John invited me to hike Orderville Canyon with them. It is an 11 mile hike that starts out as a deserty, dry hike and then turns into gross mud and then an awesome river hike oasis. It's a skinny, slot canyon with incredible views and ends in the Narrows in Zions. Wow! What an adventure. We had two small repels, some scrambling down rocks and some drops into deep, nasty, pools. The last half seemed to go so slow because after every obstacle another would be waiting for us. I was so proud of myself. I've always thought of myself as adventurous and somewhat brave but I think this proved it! I can't wait to try another one. A few more I want to try: The Subway and Havasu. So, if you want some really cool pictures of this hike, since mine don't do it justice at all, go to this website

http://www.citrusmilo.com/zionguide/ordervillecanyon.cfm It really was that cool!
























2 comments:

  1. Selma, I'm so impressed! You are amazing and I love you and all the photos.

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have come with you. It looks gorgeous and crazy! You are super brave. I would love to do Havasu and the Subway with you.

    ReplyDelete