Tuesday, June 16, 2009
No Kids!
I don't remember the last time I was home for two days without any kids. But Monday and Tuesday Scott and I were all alone and almost didn't know what to do with ourselves. We decided that it could get boring after awhile. Josie and her cousin, Anna, went to a science camp in Cedar overnight. Then, Ellie, Scottie, and Bentley all went to visit Martha and Adam's petting zoo in Newton, UT. The Bakers are brave or else crazy! Josie and Anna are now back home playing and we are going up to get the other kids on Friday while Scott is running the Wasatch Back Relay. But, while the kids were away, the parents did play. Scott and I went to lunch and a movie. We saw Night at the Museum 2. We shopped for a birthday present for my mom. We went to the Rec center and worked out. Weird, huh! Normally all I do is run. I got a kick out of some big (mostly fat) dudes checking out their sweet arms after lifting their weights. I was laughing and Scott thought I was laughing at him. I wanted to tell them they should go run off some of their extra weight and maybe they could see their muscles but obviously they were a bit bigger than me and I didn't say anything at all. Then we went to Costco for their awesome buffet! By the way we did pick up a few things while we were there. We had an enjoyable two days off of parenting. Thanks Martha and Adam for the break! We owe you big time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ooh! Sounds fun. I guess I'll have to wait a few years for that to happen for us. Mine are a bit young for overnight play dates. I'm glad I have something to look forward to!
ReplyDeleteSo much fun! I love when you have time off, it doesn't come around too often! By the way, Ellie did great in her dances on Sat. and thanks for texting me, that helped out a lot!
ReplyDelete